Friday, February 26, 2010

Forty Days of Grilling

Since the beginning of the year, several friends of mine have decided to go thirty straight days without consuming any alcoholic beverages.  The idea isn't that they will never drink again, but that, they what and some stuff, an exercise of will, it's about embiggening, and, you know, a chance to refresh their perspective on life, and some other things.

I can sort of appreciate the benefits of this, but their methods make no sense to me.  The way I figure, I can get the same benefit from choosing to commit to "not-do" pretty much anything for a month, so it shouldn't suck any more than it needs to.  Furthermore, the benefits of committing to not-doing not-something follow as easy corollaries.

During this thought process, I remembered that God gives you extra points during this month for not-doing things.  I've decided abstain from not cooking something on a grill at least once a day (per sleep cycle, really), and to give Haiti all of the points I earn by doing so.  In other words:  I plan to cook something on a grill at least once a day.  For forty days.  For Haiti.

I cannot conceive of any way that this plan could go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment